The health systems of the countries are now faced with enormous challenges, notably low health infrastructure coverage, inadequate and outdated medical equipment, lack of maintenance culture, insufficient qualified human resource and finance. Moreover, there is a lack of equipment and maintenance policy for the health sector in some countries in the region.
Insufficient health infrastructure coverage, inadequate and outdated medical equipment and weak maintenance culture affect the quality of health service delivery.
Improve the availability and quality of health infrastructure and equipment.
Availability and quality of health infrastructure and equipment improved.
- Development of health infrastructure and equipment.
- Maintenance of infrastructure and equipment
- Improve the availability of health infrastructure and equipment
- Strengthen the maintenance culture within countries
- Promotion of maintenance of Infrastructure and Equipment
- Strengthening public and private health infrastructure
- Strengthening procurement, supply and distribution
- Regional programme for maintenance of biomedical equipement implemented
- Guide for health infrastructure development revised and adapted
- Public and private health infrastructure built or rehabilitated
- Procurement, supply and distribution of equipments strengthened